Sunday, August 3, 2008

Dot dot dot

Now that my daughters are all grown up and married we try to have a "girl's movie night" at least once a year - just us, husbands and kids are left to fend for themselves. This time we added my mom, my granddaugher and my best friend. The 7 of us sat there and laughed and cried through Mamma Mia last night. As soon as we left the theater we all agreed we wanted to go right back in and see it again.

From the very beginning when Sophie is reading her mom's diary - to the scene where Donna leads a parade of middle aged women through the streets singing "Dancing Queen" - to the mother/daughter song as they get ready for Sophie's wedding - to the end of the movie when Pierce Brosnan declares his love for Donna - I don't think I'll ever get tired of this movie!

The movie is on my list, the CD is on my list and if I had "the LIST" Pierce Brosnan would definately be on it - I saw him 1st in "Rich Man, Poor Man" but he became my weekly addiction in "Remmington Steele". And of course, he's my favorite Bond...James Bond.

It's hard to say what I liked best about Mamma Mia but I think it is the idea that underneath all the years and tears, underneath all the burdens and responsibilities there still exists the young, carefree girls we once were. The girls who fell in love and threw caution to the wind, the girls who believed in Prince Charming and happy ever after, the girls who filled diary after diary with stories of Sam, Bill and Harry.

Thank gooodness I burned my diaries years ago...

4 comments:

Michelle said...

I didn't burn my diaries, but they have been heavily edited with a black marker....

Dot dot dot!

Karen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy said...

I have some journals but nothing as exciting as Donna's. I can not wait to see Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, yet another musical for us to enjoy!

Amy said...

I have some journals but nothing as exciting as Donna's. I can not wait to see Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, yet another musical for us to enjoy!